Tuesday, April 16, 2013

SPC 2013 - Shoulder Surf Sonnet

It's that time of year again.  It's time for another EDUCAUSE Security Professionals Conference.  We begin with a poem composed while in flight from home to St. Louis, the arch of my plane ride matching that of the great St. Louis Gateway.

I think I succeeded in writing this in iambic octameter.



Shoulder Surf Sonnet

I shoulder surfed to watch you type
Your passwords, logins to web sites.
You did not hide secrets from me,
And all you are is what I'll be.

But I don't like just what you are,
The boring texts, pics from the bar.
I think instead I'll change your fate.
You can't deny; it is too late.

Your Facebook's now a shrine to cats.
Your Twitter tweets only 'bout bats.
Your Tumblr posts are all just spam.
Your email's linked to naughty cams.

Next time you type, you must take care
And watch for snooping meanies there.

No comments:

Post a Comment